Wednesday, November 9

Kroger's Truly Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies: My Review

When I was chosen to review Kroger's new line of Truly Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies I was extremely excited. Not only does this gal love a Chocolate Chip Cookie, but I also love trying out store brand products because a lot of times they are just as good (and every now and then better) than the name brand.
So once hubby and I got home from picking them up (along with other groceries), I poured a big glass of milk and took out a cookie.
The first thing I noticed was the size they are pretty big!

However, the first bite was not at all what I expected.... It was a bit bitter. They seem to have a very store-bought taste for something named "Truly Awesome". The Chocolate Chips were certainly good so i'm glad they didn't skimp on those since that's the most important part of the cookie. The only thing I can compare the rest of the cookie to is a homemade cookie where you make a boo-boo and don't mix the baking soda well enough. (Am I the only one??) So... to be fair... I had my hubby taste them as well. He thought the first bite was tasty enough... however when he got to the second bite... he said the same thing. They were a bit bitter. Hopefully we just got a bad box because I did want to like these since i'm always harping on how good store brands can be. We shall try the second box tonight and hope for something better!

*I was given two boxes of Truly Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies to test out. However, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment