Monday, November 28

Sausage, Pepper & Caramelized Onion Sub

I have been wanting to try out the King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls for a while now. Finally, a I gave in... not at great price... but I felt weak... I love King's Hawaiian anything and hubby and I HAD to try them. They were $2.49 ea. and I used $1/2 coupon and a catalina I had from my previous trip so I didn't pay anything out of pocket for them.
My next thought.... what do I make with them? The possibilities were endless! Then it hit me.... I just bought Sausage links at 2/$5 and had a bell pepper going bad in my fridge. Sausage, Pepper & Caramelized Onion Sub it is!
Ingredients:
1- Small Bell Pepper, Sliced
1- Small Onion, Diced
1- Tbs. Olive Oil
1/2 of a Sausage link
1- Pkg. King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls
*Optional: Leftover Pasta Sauce

Directions:
1. Add the Olive Oil, Diced Onions and Sliced Peppers to a large skillet

2. Caramelize the onions and peppers.
3. Slice the Sausage almost all the way through and add it to the pan. Cook the sausage all the way through.

 4. Top the Sausage with the Onions & Peppers.
5. Warm the Rolls.... there is nothin worse than "Cold Buns" he-he.

 6. Fit it all together and enjoy. Add some leftover sauce if you'd like.

Enjoy!


So how did it turn out?
 Well.... I didn't bother getting a plate. :)

And here is hubby's lunch snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment